First Federal Congress on e-democracy
Let me inform you that on May 17-18, 2012 in Moscow at Russian State Library (Vozdvizhenka Street, 3/5) the First Federal Congress on e-democracy will be held, supported by the Federation Council of the Russian Federal Assembly and the Ministry of Communications and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation.
May 17-18, 2012
Moscow Congress organizers – Russian Agency for Information Society Development “RARIO” and the Public Council of Information Development “Rosinformrazvitie”. Partners of organizers – Russian State Library, Higher School of Economics and Foundation for the development of electronic democracy. The operator of the Congress - Group of Companies “Inform Development”.
Aims and objectives of the Congress: to draw up recommendations for the implementation of state policy in the development of e-democracy, to discuss mechanisms for introduction of e-democracy means in the activity of federal, state and municipal bodies of state power.
Topics of the Congress:
- public policy of the Russian Federation in the sphere of development of information society and e-democracy. Discussion of the article of V.V. Putin “Democracy and the quality of the state”
- Uniform system of e-democracy in Russia: legislative and regulatory support, issues of integration and implementation at regional and municipal levels
- Technologies of e-democracy: e-government, open data, electronic voting, etc.
- "Feedback" and the mass instruction of the population to use information technologies as tools to involve citizens in the processes of modernization processes
- Electronic Democracy in Russia: philosophical comprehension, scientific, political and legal aspects
At the Congress a solemn presentation will take place of the Unified E-Democracy Portal of the Russian Federation, developped by Russian Ministry of Communications and Mass Communications. It is also planned to hold a meeting on cooperation between federal, regional and municipal government bodies, aimed at the implementation of programs for the mass involvement of citizens in an active life in the information society.
The following persons are invited to participate in the Congress: Deputy Head of Presidential Administration Vyacheslav VOLODIN, Deputy Prime Minister Vladislav SURKOV, Minister of Communications and Mass Communications Igor SCHEGOLEV, Minister of Economic Development Elvira NABIULLINA, Member of the Federation Council, Chairman of the Council for Cooperation of the of the Federation Council with legislative (representative) bodies of state power of entities of the Russian Federation (Board of legislators) on development of information society Ruslan GATTAROV, Member of the Federation Council, Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Social Policy Valeriy RYAZANSKIY, deputy of State Duma, Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Culture, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Information Policy, Information and Communication Technologies Sergey ZHELEZNYAK, deputy of State Duma, First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Education Oleg SMOLIN, Director of the Information Technology and Communications Department of the Russian Government Aleksey POPOV, Director of the Information Technology Department of the Moscow Government Artem ERMOLAEV, General Director of the Strategic Initiatives Agency Andrei NIKITIN, Head of the Russian Agency for Information Society Development “RARIO” Alexander AIGISTOV, Director of the UN Information Center in Moscow Alexander GORELIK, Deputy Chairman of the Government of Ulyanovsk Region Svetlana OPENYSHEVA, Deputy Chairman of the Government of Samara Region Stanislav KAZARIN, Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania Leonid KESELBRENER, Minister of Industrial Policy, Transport and Communications of Omsk Region Alexander GORBUNOV, Director of Department of Information and Statistics of the Ministry of Public Service of Oman Ahmed Al-Hosni AIMEN, Professor Sussex University (UK) Vincent JAIN, professor of Pusan National University (South Korea) Yung Hvan KIM, Vice-President of the Constitutional Union, Chairman of the Scientific Expert Council Foundation "National Perspectives", Vice-President of the Phoenix Foundation for the European Heritage in the Studies of Cognitive Systems, president of APEX Group, Chairman of the Board of Association of political experts and consultants, academician, professor Aleksey KUZMIN, Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Economics of Karelian Scientific Center of Russian Academy of Sciences Mikhail SUKHAREV, President of the Foundation for assistance to development of technology and Internet infrastructure Alexander PANOV, Director of Strategic Projects of the Scytl company (Spain) Otto van DOMELEN and others.
Congress Participants – more than 400 senior leaders of the federal and regional authorities, public figures in the development of e-democracy, leaders of nonprofit and commercial organizations developing information society, the well-known Russian and foreign experts in the field of e-democracy.
Congress Organizing Committee invites
- Representatives of the federal government – to make presentations at the plenary sessions and sections of the Congress with reports on the state policy in the field of information society and e-democracy, as well as related industries;
- Representatives of regional and local government bodies – to present their experience in implementing of state policy in the development of information society and e-democracy, to formulate proposals for the introduction of e-democracy, the Unified System of e-democracy in the Russian Federation on the federal, regional and municipal levels;
- Representatives of non-commercial and academic institutions – to present their views regarding the implementation of the state policy in the area of electronic democracy, to serve as members of the expert network of the Russian Uniform system of e-democracy, and to be media partners of the Congress;
- Representatives of commercial organizations (businesses) – to become partners (sponsors) of the Congress, by presenting their innovative solutions in the field of e-democracy and e-government, "feedback" with the public, to hold talks with leaders of federal, state and municipal government agencies;
- Representatives of the media – to cover topical issues of the e-democracy development based on interviews with prominent state and public figures in the industry, to act as media partners of the Congress.
Information about the Congress:
Topics of Congress:
The Organizing Committee:
The Program Committee:
The draft Congress Program:
Registration for the Congress: